directory-users mailing list archives

From "Ricardo Chicca Junior" <ricardochi...@msn.com>
Subject Unrequested attributes returned on ldap search
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:22:14 GMT
Hi

I'm starting to test ApacheDS. Most things are working well, but I'm getting unexpected results
for search operations. As illustrated bellow, the list of attributes requested is not being
respected. All attributes are being returned (see the results of the same LDAPSEARCH operation
against a Netscape Directory Server for comparison).

When searching the directory using java code I've got also unexpected results (this problem
is not well defined yet).

Tank you for reading my post

LDAPSEARCH results against a ApacheDS (only title and mail were requested but all attributes
returned)

C:\ldapjava\tools>java LDAPSearch -h www.chicca.com.br -b "o=unicap.br"  "cn=ed*" title
mail

dn: cn=Edmilson Domingos de Carvalho,ou=DISUP,ou=NIC,ou=PROGRADE,o=unicap.br

uid: edmilson

mail: edmilson@unicap.br

sn: Carvalho

ou: DISUP

manager: cn=Gilson Vasconcelos

street:: UnVhIGRvIFByw61uY2lwZSwgNTI2

telephonenumber: 81-3216-4275

employeetype: Contratado

userpassword: {SHA}8BHvvDDdnx7KgeFl8ODcbgtyQXs=

title: Programador

employeenumber: 34018

cn: Edmilson Domingos de Carvalho

dn: cn=Eduardo Bezerra P do Rego,ou=DAPAC,ou=NIC,ou=PROGRADE,o=unicap.br

uid: eduardo

mail: eduardo@unicap.br

sn: Bezerra

ou: DAPAC

manager: cn=Teresa Faria

telephonenumber: 81-3216-4272

employeetype: Contratado

userpassword: {SHA}0Y5sPGw/zKCOIVBIwNBzOS5LKkk=

title: Programador

employeenumber: 34027

cn: Eduardo Bezerra P do Rego

LDAPSEARCH results against a Netscape Directory Server  (only requested attributes returned)