directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Supporting SOAP
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 19:51:41 GMT
Richard Frovarp a écrit :

> This may seem like an odd question, but how hard would it be to put a
> in a SOAP interface into DS to provide LDAP like functionality? We're
> working on a repository for identities that would coordinate amongst
> 12 institutions. We're not quite sure we want to commit to LDAP being
> the only way to get data in and out of the central repository and SOAP
> would provide a nice alternative.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard

Hi Richard,

not too complex. In fact, it would be quite easy, and it's something we
plan to do in a near future.

We already support the full DSML 2.0 specification, and we have added an
HTTP server into ADS in an experimental branch (Jetty). We have done
some experiment with a WS layer, AXIS, and it works.

Now, it's just a matter of time and glue...

Emmanuel