directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Unrequested attributes returned on ldap search
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:15:00 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Well, I think I get it fixed now, and as the fix also fixes a real bug
> we have (can you confirm that if you do a ldapsearch with cn and *,
> you get all the attrs instead of just the cn, as expected wrt the RFC
> ?)
>
> Thanks !

Performed against a ApacheDS 1.03 SNAPSHOT, I get this

$ ldapsearch -h localhost -p 10389 -b "dc=example,dc=com" -D
"uid=admin,ou=system" -w secret "(cn=Tori*)" cn *
version: 1
dn: cn=Tori Amos,dc=example,dc=com
sn: Amos
userpassword: geheim
cn: Tori Amos
objectClass: person
objectClass: top

I use the native ldapsearch here, which is assumed to work correctly.

As you have described, I get all user attributes. I am surprised that
this is wrong. Only cn is expected?

Greetings,
     Stefan