directory-users mailing list archives

From Michael Decker <M.Dec...@tesis.de>
Subject [ApacheDS] 1.5 / Dynamic Scheme Loading / Subclassing
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 09:15:11 GMT
	Hello,

I'm starting to use ApacheDS 1.5 as developer ldap server, so every developer
can use his own server.

So we've our own ldap schema. It seems, that if I load a new scheme into
ApacheDS 1.5 it can't resolve super class relations until I've restart my
ApacheDS

My objectclass A is a subclass of inetOrgPerson, that of organizationalPerson
and that of person. So after loading the schema (via ldif-Directory on
startup) I try to add an new entry via ldif and get this:
	--- SNIP ---
#!ERROR [LDAP: error code 65 - failed to add entry
myuid=myuser,ou=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=de: Attribute sn not declared in
objectClasses of entry myuid=myuser,ou=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=de]
	--- SNAP ---
But sn is declared in object class person.

If I stop my server and restart it, I can import my ldif and this enty will be
created.

Must I really restart ApacheDS 1.5 everytime after creating or modificating a
schema? Or is there another way?

Thanks a lot.

With regards,
	Michael Decker
--
Michael Decker                              M.Decker@tesis.de
TESIS SYSware GmbH                        http://www.tesis.de

Geschäftsführung: Dipl.-Math. Gerhard Zipf,
                  Dipl.-Math. Alfons Weber
Sitz und Registergericht: München HRB 89277