directory-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is ApacheDS 1.5 case-sensitive and whitespace-sensitive?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:03:40 GMT
Hi Markus,

> DN: uid=00370029,%20cn=users,%20dc=VERWALTUNG,%20dc=DOUGLASHOLDING

This is bad... Is this DN sent like this? This is very strange. It
looks like it has been escaped as if it was an URL

> Therefore, within the whitespace encoding to %20, the ApacheDS cannot
> resolve this request.

Yes, because % is not a valid cahr nor a valid escape char in a DN.

> So, here comes the question:
> Where, in ApacheDS source code, can I modify the sources so that
> ApacheDS can recognize %20 and convert it to whitespaces? Is that possible?

Well, I would first suggest that you try to see where those %20 are
generated from (it's not into AD, for sure !). If there is nothing you
can do, as DN are parsed during the ASN.1 decoding, and as the DN you
have will be seen as invalid, you will get an exception. The only
solution I see would be to modify the DN parser, which won't be easy

> Thanks for your patience with all my question.

You are welcome !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,