directory-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is ApacheDS 1.5 case-sensitive and whitespace-sensitive?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:22:25 GMT
Hi Markus,

we are very happy to hear that you are using ADS 1.5 instead of IBM TDS :)

Some comments and informations are included further...

On 7/19/07, Markus Pohle <apacheds.users@webunity.de> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I do have some maybe really silly questions and apologize in advance.
</snip>
> The LDAP schema created in IBM TDS was like this:
>
> DN: cn=users,cn=cms,dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
>
> or
>
> DN: cn=users, dc=VERWALTUNG, dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
>
> or
>
> DN: uid=00370029, cn=users, dc=VERWALTUNG, dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
>
> We had to migrate this IBM TDS schema and had some problems with this in
> the past. So... Here comes my questions:
>
> - Is ApacheDS case-sensitive?

ADS is LDAP compliant, which means than we have implemented
SyntaxCheckers for attributeType. DC (domainComponent) are case
insensitive.

is there a difference for apacheds between
> dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING and dc=applications,dc=douglasholding?

None.

> - Is ApacheDS whitespace-sensitive? is there a difference for apacheds
> between DN: uid=00370029, cn=users, dc=VERWALTUNG, dc=DOUGLASHOLDING and
> DN: uid=00370029,cn=users,dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING?

None. WS are stripped around '=', ',' and '+'. For some
AttributeTypes, like SN or DC, multiple internal WS are also stripped.
For instance, 'dc = my          own    dc' is equivalent to 'dc=my own
dc'

> Please, I would really appreciate any comments and replies to this.
> Help is really appreciated!

Hope it helps !

--
Regards,