directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apacheds-tools dump throws Exception
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:00:20 GMT
Markus,

Short answer:
I found the bug and fixed it in trunk but it revealed another bug.

Long answer:
The manifest did not include some critical dependencies needed to initialize
the classes.  We have
many more dependencies in 1.5.x introduced.  This was partly my fault and
partly Enrique's fault.
We did not update the tools manifest when we introduced new dependencies to
the core when
refactoring the configuration and introducing the new schema subsystem
changes.

The immediate fix to this in trunk seemed to be just a matter of adding the
needed dependencies to
initialize the partition and load the configurations.  This however broke as
well because of schema
consistency issues.  I need to drill down into this code to see what issues
we have.  I think some of
the issues filed in JIRA by Pierre about schema OID overlaps may be the
cause of this secondary
bug that has revealed itself.

I will look into these issues and see if I can get you a fix later today but
you'll have to switch over
to using the trunk's SNAPSHOT instead.  Is this acceptable for you?

Alex