directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS and UDDI
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 13:43:25 GMT

> Well, you will have to run mvn clean install before starting ADS 1.5.
>
> The problem is that we are now using ADS itself to store the schema.

That's not the problem but rather the issue here is due to a poorly
implemented maven
plugin which is used in the build process to construct a stock schema
partition populated
with a bunch of standard schemas.

But we
> need to inject this meta-schema into ADS when you first launch it,
> otherwise
> the server won't be able to start. The DBFILES is created when compiling
> the
> server with the mvn clean install, and then loaded into the server.

To be more exact the DBFILES file contains a list of partition files.  The
btree dot.db
files in the stock pre-packaged schema partition.  This is needed to know
which indices
are in use for this partition.

Really this problem and this file can go away if we start storing index
configuration info
within the master.db file's admin table.  Then this way the startup sequence
can extract
the same information from that admin table's properties rather than
resorting to the use
of this external DBFILES file.

Alex