directory-users mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Administrative Password
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:53:23 GMT
Hi,

Well, there are many options I think. First of all I am not sure if
there is any hard coded part of the server depending on the
uid=admin,ou=system user. One thing that can be done is just adding
one more Interceptor or modifying an existing Interceptor (possibly
the Login one) to deny that users access. Then you can create
'controlled' administrators by leveraging the ACI based Authorization
subsystem.

There may be many other alternatives as I said. This one may be one of
the easiest. (Just update the bind() method in the authn interceptor.)

On 7/13/07, Wayne Johnson <wjohnson@mqsoftware.com> wrote:
> We embedding Apache-DS into our product for use as a A&A server.  We probably don't
want to ship it with the default Administrator.  We install several default users into the
database using an ldif file and move all the administrative functions to these.

> I have some question as to our options about what to do with the default administrative
userid.

> The docs indicate that the proper way to install is to start the server, let the system
set up the default partition with the password from server.xml, change the password with a
GUI or command line utility, then change the value in server.xml and restart the server.

> We feel this would be a bit too complicated for our users.  Are there any alternatives?
 I tried changing the userid and/or password before the initial startup and it crashes.  Can
we totaly delete this userid?

--
Ersin Er

R.A. and Ph.D Student at the Dept. of Computer Eng. in Hacettepe University
http://www.cs.hacettepe.edu.tr

Committer and PMC Member of The Apache Directory Project
http://directory.apache.org