directory-users mailing list archives

From sges...@gnt.ch
Subject Re: ApacheDS and UDDI
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:09:08 GMT

I download jUDDI and read SQL script for database schema generation. I also
call "mvn clean install" and see generation of specialized schema like
Kerberos.

What I need is to create a LDAP schema corresponding to this DDL schema. I
also have to create a jUDDI datastore specialized in LDAP quering. That's
right?

>Our primary vision is to build an enterprise directory server platform
where other Internet services snap in to store their data within the
directory so they may be managed using LDAP. Its >architecture is designed
so services other than LDAP such DNS, DHCP, SLP, Kerberos, and UDDI can be
implemented and snapped in. These services will use a common networking
layer >(MINA) and each can be toggled on and off according to the needs of
the environment.

Reading this, I also may developt as it is described.

Reading your log file, I found OSGI reference and as I'm curious to know
what I don't know, I sreach and found
http://www.osgi.org/osgi_technology/index.asp?section=2#Problem web page.
This is exactly what I'm doing in my server... Is this framework easy to
learn? Does it have any restrictions in usage, in deployement ?

             "Emmanuel
             Lecharny"
             <elecharny@gmail.                                           A
             com>                      users@directory.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             02.07.2007 15:35
                                                                     Objet
                                       Re: ApacheDS and UDDI
             Veuillez répondre
             users@directory.a
                 pache.org

Just go ahead then ! The 1.5.1 won't be very different from the
developpement version, we will just fix some bugs which may not impacting
your dev.

All you need is summarized in this page :

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/building-trunks.html

Emmanuel

On 7/2/07, sgestin@gnt.ch <sgestin@gnt.ch> wrote:

> I can wait but if I need to develop UDDI It may be interesting to
download
> development version.
>
> [image: Inactive hide details for "Emmanuel Lecharny"
> <elecharny@gmail.com>]"Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecharny@gmail.com>
>

>     *"Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecharny@gmail.com>*
>
>             02.07.2007 14:17 Veuillez répondre à
>             users@directory.apache.org

> users@directory.apache.org
> cc
>

> Objet
>
> Re: ApacheDS and UDDI
> The short answer is : 'yes'.
>
> We are in the process to releasing a 1.5.1 soon (in july, somewhere), so
> if
> you can wait a little bit, it won't be anymore a development version.
>
> You have to know that the trunk contains a version which should work, as
> we
> are running integration tests on it before each commit ( hopefully ...),
> so
> this is somehow stable. However, the 1.5.x versions aren't supposed to be
> final version : final versions are 1.x, 2.x etc. But I still consider
that
> 1.5 versions are much more stable and reliable than 1.0, which is a
little
> bit limited.
>
> It's up to you to select which version you want to work with, considering
> that we will be there to help you whatever version you select :)
>
> On 7/2/07, sgestin@gnt.ch <sgestin@gnt.ch> wrote:
> >
> > So I need developpement version to do this?
> >

> > [image: Inactive hide details for "Emmanuel Lecharny"
> > <elecharny@gmail.com>]"Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecharny@gmail.com>
> >

> >     *"Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecharny@gmail.com>*
> >
> >             02.07.2007 13:47 Veuillez répondre à
> >             users@directory.apache.org

> > users@directory.apache.org
> > cc
> >

> > Objet
> >
> > Re: ApacheDS and UDDI
> > Well, you will have to run mvn clean install before starting ADS 1.5.
> >
> > The problem is that we are now using ADS itself to store the schema.
But