directory-users mailing list archives

From "Barber, Dan \(Contractor\)" <>
Subject search vs enumeration
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 19:22:22 GMT

As I'm trying to understand the architecture of the btree/jdbm partition
implementation I need to understand the difference between these two
issues. Let me just make sure I've broken things out properly.

When the call:

            underlying =

                        searchCtls );

is made in the search code for the partition, that is returning a list
of entries that satisfy the search condition specified by the dn, env,
filter and searchCtls.

When the call:

        return new BTreeSearchResultEnumeration ( attrIds, underlying,
this, attributeTypeRegistry );

is made at the end of the search function, that returns a
NamingEnumeration that allows us to get the requested attributes for
each entry in underlying, which is the result of the search.

Is that pretty much how those two break out?