directory-users mailing list archives

From "Barber, Dan \(Contractor\)" <Dan.Bar...@Polycom.com>
Subject search vs enumeration
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 19:22:22 GMT
All,

As I'm trying to understand the architecture of the btree/jdbm partition
implementation I need to understand the difference between these two
issues. Let me just make sure I've broken things out properly.

When the call:

            underlying = searchEngine.search(

                        opContext.getDn(),

                        ((SearchOperationContext)opContext).getEnv(),

                        ((SearchOperationContext)opContext).getFilter(),

                        searchCtls );

is made in the search code for the partition, that is returning a list
of entries that satisfy the search condition specified by the dn, env,
filter and searchCtls.

When the call:

        return new BTreeSearchResultEnumeration ( attrIds, underlying,
this, attributeTypeRegistry );

is made at the end of the search function, that returns a
NamingEnumeration that allows us to get the requested attributes for
each entry in underlying, which is the result of the search.

Is that pretty much how those two break out?

Thanks,

Dan