directory-users mailing list archives

From "Wayne Johnson" <wjohn...@mqsoftware.com>
Subject Administrative Password
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:19:22 GMT
We embedding Apache-DS into our product for use as a A&A server.  We probably don't want
to ship it with the default Administrator.  We install several default users into the database
using an ldif file and move all the administrative functions to these.

I have some question as to our options about what to do with the default administrative userid.

The docs indicate that the proper way to install is to start the server, let the system set
up the default partition with the password from server.xml, change the password with a GUI
or command line utility, then change the value in server.xml and restart the server.

We feel this would be a bit too complicated for our users.  Are there any alternatives?  I
tried changing the userid and/or password before the initial startup and it crashes.  Can
we totaly delete this userid?

Wayne Johnson
Senior Software Engineer
MQSoftware, Inc.