directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error reading children of base DN
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:15:49 GMT
>> Another idea is to record the transfered search request and response
>> using Wireshark. Perhaps you could post such a dump here or just create
>> another Jira and attach the dump.
>
> Ok, this turned up a sizeLimitExceeded(), that seems to be part of the
> problem.  I checked with the server owner and the size limit is set to
> 100 entries.  Its a credible return that, IMHO, probably shouldn't cause
> an error.

That shouldn't cause the error. Server-side size and time limit should
be handled in Studio. Perhaps you could try to reduce the client-side
size limit to less than the server-side limit? You could change the
setting in the connection properties.

> I would post the Wireshark dump but there's too much proprietary data
> involved so I can't.

Ok, I understand.

> Let me know the next steps and if there's anything
> I can do to help.

Please stand by, many thanks for your patience!