directory-users mailing list archives

From Markus Pohle <apacheds.us...@webunity.de>
Subject [ApacheDS 1.5.0 + DirStudio] Search result differs between Uppercase and Lowercase Searchstring
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:28:34 GMT
Hi List-users,

following problem I see during my tests with ApacheDS. Would like to
know if someone of you do know what the problem is... any hint or tip is
really appreciated.

If my webapp tries to get the roles which contain a given user
"p.groesche" as a uniqueMember, I do get a resultset of zero when the
search string is like this:
(uniqueMember=uid=p.groesche,cn=users,cn=cas,dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING)

If I modify the search string so that it looks like this
(uniqueMember=uid=p.groesche,cn=users,cn=cas,dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING)
I do get a result set of one.

I am able to reproduce this behaviour thru Directory Studio searches.

Can anybody explain this behaviour to me? I would really like to know
what the problem is, 'cause I thought ApacheDS is case-insensitive.

The following is the system I used for my tests.

TIA
Markus Pohle

System: CentOS 4.3
ADS: ApacheDS 1.5.0 installed by rpm under /usr/local/apache-1.5.0
Java Version: 1.5.0_10

Defined a partition called DouglasHolding with the following base
structur: http://www.webunity.de/apacheds-tools/basic-structure.ldif

Within this structure I created the following objects:

dn: uid=p.groesche,cn=users,dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: person
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: top
cn: Groesche, Peter
givenname: Peter
sn: Groesche
uid: p.groesche
userpassword:: c3RhcnQ=

dn: uid=p.groesche,cn=users,cn=cas,dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: uidObject
objectClass: alias
objectClass: top
aliasedobjectname: uid=p.groesche,cn=users,dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
uid: p.groesche

dn: cn=Admin,cn=rollen,cn=cas,dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
objectClass: top
cn: Admin