directory-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Alderson" <Martin.Alder...@salfordsoftware.co.uk>
Subject Re: Difference between the following ldif files
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:54:59 GMT

Hi Markus,

Sorry for the delay with this message, I am having some problems with the mailing lists at
the moment so I don't get to see messages for 1-2 days.

I suspect your problem is caused by the replication service (mitosis).  When it is enabled
it seems to like adding the naming component (e.g. cn, dc) with OID's to entries when they
are created.  I don't believe they are necessary but I don't think they will cause you any
problems either.  If you want, I think you can stop this happening by removing the following
lines from org.apache.directory.mitosis.operation.AddEntryOperation.execute0:

        String rdn = normalizedName.get( normalizedName.size() - 1 );
        // Remove the attribute first in case we're using a buggy
        // AttributesImpl which doesn't replace old attributes
        // when we put a new one.
        entry.remove( NamespaceTools.getRdnAttribute( rdn ) );
        entry.put( NamespaceTools.getRdnAttribute( rdn ), NamespaceTools.getRdnValue( rdn
) );

It seems to be quite specific in what it is doing but I can't really see why it should be
done!

Martin

>>> Markus Pohle <apacheds.users@webunity.de> 21/07/2007 17:38 >>>
Hi list,

I used a ApacheDS in version 1.5.0 (officially released version
downloaded from directory website) on my server and created my on
partition with the following ldap structure:

dn: dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: domain
objectClass: extensibleObject
objectClass: top
dc: douglasholding

dn: dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: domain
objectClass: top
0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25: verwaltung
dc: VERWALTUNG

dn: cn=users,dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: organizationalRole
objectClass: top
2.5.4.3: users
cn: users

dn: dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: domain
objectClass: top
0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25: applications
dc: APPLICATIONS

dn: cn=cms,dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: organizationalRole
objectClass: top
2.5.4.3: cms
cn: cms

Then I needed to switch to apacheds-1.5.1-snapshot release that Alex
Karasulu due to apacheds-tools problems with version 1.5.0 build for me.

And what I found out browsing the ldap schema using LDAP Studio on the
apacheds-1.5.1-snapshot is the following:

dn: dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: domain
objectClass: extensibleObject
objectClass: top
dc: douglasholding

dn: dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: domain
objectClass: top
dc: VERWALTUNG

dn: cn=users,dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: organizationalRole
objectClass: top
cn: users

dn: dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: domain
objectClass: top
dc: APPLICATIONS

dn: cn=cms,dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: organizationalRole
objectClass: top
cn: cms

And here comes the question:
What are these additional objectclasses for that can be seen in the
upper example of the ldap structure, e.g.:

0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25: applications
2.5.4.3: cms

What are they good for? Are they essentially/neccessary? And why can the
ldap schema on the apacheds-1.5.1-snapshot run without them?
Any explanation is really appreciated.

TIA
Markus

---- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall ----