directory-users mailing list archives

From Markus Pohle <apacheds.us...@webunity.de>
Subject Difference between the following ldif files
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:38:11 GMT
Hi list,

I used a ApacheDS in version 1.5.0 (officially released version
downloaded from directory website) on my server and created my on
partition with the following ldap structure:

dn: dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: domain
objectClass: extensibleObject
objectClass: top
dc: douglasholding

dn: dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: domain
objectClass: top
0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25: verwaltung
dc: VERWALTUNG

dn: cn=users,dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: organizationalRole
objectClass: top
2.5.4.3: users
cn: users

dn: dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: domain
objectClass: top
0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25: applications
dc: APPLICATIONS

dn: cn=cms,dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: organizationalRole
objectClass: top
2.5.4.3: cms
cn: cms

Then I needed to switch to apacheds-1.5.1-snapshot release that Alex
Karasulu due to apacheds-tools problems with version 1.5.0 build for me.

And what I found out browsing the ldap schema using LDAP Studio on the
apacheds-1.5.1-snapshot is the following:

dn: dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: domain
objectClass: extensibleObject
objectClass: top
dc: douglasholding

dn: dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: domain
objectClass: top
dc: VERWALTUNG

dn: cn=users,dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: organizationalRole
objectClass: top
cn: users

dn: dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: domain
objectClass: top
dc: APPLICATIONS

dn: cn=cms,dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: organizationalRole
objectClass: top
cn: cms

And here comes the question:
What are these additional objectclasses for that can be seen in the
upper example of the ldap structure, e.g.:

0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25: applications
2.5.4.3: cms

What are they good for? Are they essentially/neccessary? And why can the
ldap schema on the apacheds-1.5.1-snapshot run without them?
Any explanation is really appreciated.

TIA
Markus