directory-users mailing list archives

From Markus Pohle <apacheds.us...@webunity.de>
Subject ApacheDS 1.5.1 :: Does ApacheDS internally cache modified object properties, like changed user password
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:35:26 GMT
Hi list-users,

I use ApacheDS-1.5.1-SNAPSHOT release on my computer and figured out the
following:

1. started my webapp
2. tried to login to my webapp, which tries to authenticate myself
against apacheds
3. login is successful

4. used LDAP Studio to modify my users password
5. started my webapp again and tried to login with modified password
with no success
6. tried the old password and thats successful

7. stopped ApacheDS and started again and tried then to use the new
password and now it is successful

Can anybody tell me, why that happens? Looked in server.xml for reason
and found only these two tags:
<property name="synchPeriodMillis" value="15000" />
<property name="synchOnWrite" value="true" />

Help would be really appreciated.
TIA
Markus