directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Is ApacheDS 1.5 case-sensitive and whitespace-sensitive?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 06:55:08 GMT
Hi Markus!

Markus Pohle wrote:
> Thx for your fast reply... your answers are what I expect ApacheDS to
> act like. But there is one last question that I would like to ask
> (question is at the end of this text, first some information ;-) ):
>
> We need to use a so called DisIbmDsUserProvider.class which acts as the
> interconnector between the Coremedia Content Management System and our
> LDAP Server (First IBM TDS, now as mentioned, ApacheDS). This Connector
> sends Requests against the ApacheDS Servers that should look like this:
>
> DN: uid=00370029, cn=users, dc=VERWALTUNG, dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
>
> But what it sends instead of this (I saw it in the logfiles of our
> Content Server but cannot see it in ApacheDS logfiles) is the following:
>
> DN: uid=00370029,%20cn=users,%20dc=VERWALTUNG,%20dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
>
> Therefore, within the whitespace encoding to %20, the ApacheDS cannot
> resolve this request. I did a small and simple test my own doing a
> simple search against ApacheDS from within a simple java class. An error
> is thrown:

Are you sure, that the "%20" is sent to the LDAP server on the wire? I
ask because I question myself whether it has worked before (with
TivoliDS instead of ApacheDS)?. I have an IBM server here in my test
environment. And it does not accept a bind with "cn=Tori
Amos,%20DC=TIVOLIDS,%20DC=DEGAS" (but with "cn=Tori Amos, DC=TIVOLIDS,
DC=DEGAS").

Greetings from Hamburg,
     STefan