directory-users mailing list archives

From Markus Pohle <apacheds.us...@webunity.de>
Subject Re: Is ApacheDS 1.5 case-sensitive and whitespace-sensitive?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 06:30:41 GMT
Hi and good Morning, Emmanuel.
Good Morning, list-users.

Thx for your fast reply... your answers are what I expect ApacheDS to
act like. But there is one last question that I would like to ask
(question is at the end of this text, first some information ;-) ):

We need to use a so called DisIbmDsUserProvider.class which acts as the
interconnector between the Coremedia Content Management System and our
LDAP Server (First IBM TDS, now as mentioned, ApacheDS). This Connector
sends Requests against the ApacheDS Servers that should look like this:

DN: uid=00370029, cn=users, dc=VERWALTUNG, dc=DOUGLASHOLDING

But what it sends instead of this (I saw it in the logfiles of our
Content Server but cannot see it in ApacheDS logfiles) is the following:

DN: uid=00370029,%20cn=users,%20dc=VERWALTUNG,%20dc=DOUGLASHOLDING

Therefore, within the whitespace encoding to %20, the ApacheDS cannot
resolve this request. I did a small and simple test my own doing a
simple search against ApacheDS from within a simple java class. An error
is thrown:

javax.naming.InvalidNameException:
cn=users,%20dc=VERWALTUNG,%20dc=DOUGLASHOLDING: [LDAP: error code 34 -
Invalid root DN given : cn=users,%20dc=VERWALTUNG,%20dc=DOUGLASHOLDING
(0x63 0x6E 0x3D 0x75 0x73 0x65 0x72 0x73 0x2C 0x25 0x32 0x30 0x64 0x63
0x3D 0x56 0x45 0x52 0x57 0x41 0x4C 0x54 0x55 0x4E 0x47 0x2C 0x25 0x32
0x30 0x64 0x63 0x3D 0x44 0x4F 0x55 0x47 0x4C 0x41 0x53 0x48 0x4F 0x4C
0x44 0x49 0x4E 0x47 ) is invalid]; remaining name
'cn=users,%20dc=VERWALTUNG,%20dc=DOUGLASHOLDING'
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.searchAux(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_search(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_search(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(Unknown
Source)
	at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.search(Unknown Source)

So, here comes the question:
Where, in ApacheDS source code, can I modify the sources so that
ApacheDS can recognize %20 and convert it to whitespaces? Is that possible?

Thanks for your patience with all my question.

TIA
Markus Pohle