directory-users mailing list archives

From Markus Pohle <apacheds.us...@webunity.de>
Subject Is ApacheDS 1.5 case-sensitive and whitespace-sensitive?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:09:05 GMT
Dear list,

I do have some maybe really silly questions and apologize in advance.

We run a content management system from coremedia which authenticates
its users against apacheds 1.5 ldap server.

This content management system started running using IBM Tivoli
Directory Server. But due to limitations in IBM TDS we switched to
ApacheDS and decided to use ApacheDS 1.5 cause of its
master-master-replication possibilities and its better support of aliases.

The LDAP schema created in IBM TDS was like this:

DN: cn=users,cn=cms,dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING

or

DN: cn=users, dc=VERWALTUNG, dc=DOUGLASHOLDING

or

DN: uid=00370029, cn=users, dc=VERWALTUNG, dc=DOUGLASHOLDING

We had to migrate this IBM TDS schema and had some problems with this in
the past. So... Here comes my questions:

- Is ApacheDS case-sensitive? is there a difference for apacheds between
dc=APPLICATIONS,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING and dc=applications,dc=douglasholding?

- Is ApacheDS whitespace-sensitive? is there a difference for apacheds
between DN: uid=00370029, cn=users, dc=VERWALTUNG, dc=DOUGLASHOLDING and
DN: uid=00370029,cn=users,dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING?

Please, I would really appreciate any comments and replies to this.
Help is really appreciated!

TIA,
Markus Pohle