directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP Studio 0.8.0 :: runs slower and slower after lots of ldif imports exports
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:03:01 GMT
Hi Markus,

> I use LDAP Studio in version 0.8.0 thru the last weeks and I found out
> that LDAP Studio becomes slower and slower after approx. 15 to 20 ldif
> imports and exports (with some thousands objects in LDAP tree).

I also noticed this behaviour. It also occurs if you delete a complete
tree with thousands of entries. I think there is some kind of memory
leak that occurs when doing such bulk operations. Could you please
create a Jira?

BTW: I am working on a refactoring of the I/O and connection handling of
Apache Directory Studio, because it isn't very efficient at the moment.

> I thought about setting up memory usage and set logging higher, but did
> not find out where to configure that.

Ok, you could try this as a workaround. Please start LDAP Studio via the
command line:

ldapstudio -vmargs -Xms512M -Xmx512M -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M

> So can someone please tell me:
>
> - were I can set the memory usage (xms xmx) of LDAP Studio?
> - were I can turn on logging?
> - where I can define logging levels?

Oh, logging. I am ashamed but there is not much logging in the Studio
app. Could you please create another Jira, we really have to do this.

> TIA
> Markus

Thanks,
Stefan Seelmann