directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] appropriate for enterprise application with self registration
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:23:06 GMT
I think we talked about this a little bit with Peter Neubauer.

I think we are looking for an application that will allow users to change
their own
passwords, or reset them if they forget them.  For example a user may
with the self service application which creates an account for them on the
server.  In the process the user enters their email address and perhaps the
answer to a question which they only know the answer to.  If the forget
password and need a reset they can go into the self service application and
request a reset which will ask them the answer to this question.

Some self service apps will send email to the user with a temp password and
reset this temp password so the user can then log in and change their old
password.  Others may present a special URL with a key encoded in it
to only allow them to change their password using that key for the next 30
minutes.  This URL is mailed to the user's email account etc.

I think we have a need for such tools here.  It would be nice to have a
project dedicated to performing these self service applications.  It would
be a
simple web app that we can add to as users needs increase.  Also we can
embed it into ApacheDS optionally if the web server is enabled on ApacheDS.

/me ducks as he suggests this is the start to AD web studio :)