directory-users mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] appropriate for enterprise application with self registration
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:31:20 GMT
Hi,

LDAP and ApacheDS in particular is quite appropriate for such a task.
But of course there is nothing like self-registration in LDAP nor in
RDBMS. It's an application level requirement. For implementing such a
registration model, you may have a special user who has only rights to
add new users. Each time a new user signs up your web app, you can run
an LDAP request with that special user. The request will be a regular
Add request with new user's info. For profile updates, you may still
use your special user or each user individually.

HTH,

--
Ersin Er

R.A. and Ph.D Student at the Dept. of Computer Eng. in Hacettepe University
http://www.cs.hacettepe.edu.tr

Committer and PMC Member of The Apache Directory Project
http://directory.apache.org