directory-users mailing list archives

From "Barber, Dan \(Contractor\)" <Dan.Bar...@Polycom.com>
Subject RE: Trying to create a new partition configuration class
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:55:10 GMT
Chris,

I noticed my goof as soon as I sent it, you should have them by now. I
have tried my partition with and without the indexedAttributes. That was
something I tried commenting out only when I couldn't get it to load. I
think the server.xml I sent you has everything uncommented, and that's
the server.xml I was using that generated the log files I sent you.

Thanks,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Custine [mailto:chris.custine@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:44 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Trying to create a new partition configuration class

Hi Dan,
I think the mailing list software is stripping whatever attachment you
are
sending for the code.  All we are getting on the list is server.xml.  If
you
send it to my gmail address in the header I can take a look at it.

Another thing that I was looking at is where you have indexedAttributes
section commented out in your custom partition config.  If you haven't
already done so, try uncommenting that since you are still using
BTreePartitionConfig code, adn see if that helps.  The
getIndexedAttributes
method of the config class gets called upstream from where the exception
is
ocurring and the actual exception is happening when the Auth service
inits
and tries to retrieve group names from the partition.  So I am wondering
if
those indexed attributes section will have an effect.

Chris

On 6/28/07, Barber, Dan (Contractor) <Dan.Barber@polycom.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Thanks for letting me know that. Here's the code for the class, my
> server.xml and the various logs generated when I tried to start the
> server. Again, if I can answer any questions at all, please don't
> hesistate to ask.
>
> Dan

org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(Defa
> > ultDirectoryService.java:1006)
> >         at
> > org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup
> > DirectoryService.java:254)
> >         at

org.apache.directory.server.core.jndi.AbstractContextFactory.getInitialC
> > ontext(AbstractContextFactory.java:123)
> >         at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext (Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown
> Source)
> >         at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
> >         at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
> >         at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.<init>(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(Service.java:96)
> >         at
> > org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper.callInit
> (Bootstrapper.java:151)
> >         at

org.apache.directory.daemon.ProcrunBootstrapper.prunsrvStart(ProcrunBoot
> > strapper.java:65)
> >         at

org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.ExpressionEnumerat
> > or.enumConj(ExpressionEnumerator.java:250)
> >         at

org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.ExpressionEnumerat
> > or.enumerate(ExpressionEnumerator.java:140)
> >         at

org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.DefaultSearchEngin
> > e.search(DefaultSearchEngine.java:135)
> >         at

org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.BTreePartition.sea
> > rch(BTreePartition.java:431)
> >         at

org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.search
> (
> > DefaultPartitionNexus.java:922)
> >         at

org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.GroupCache.initialize(GroupCache.
> > java:146)
> >         at

org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.GroupCache.<init>(GroupCache.java
> > :117)
> >         at

org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.AuthorizationService.init(Authori
> > zationService.java:200)
> >         at

org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register0(
> > InterceptorChain.java :419)
> >         at

org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register(I
> > nterceptorChain.java:378)
> >         at

org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.init(Inter
> > ceptorChain.java :243)
> >         ... 11 more
> >
> > I thought perhaps some of the entries in server.xml were somehow not
> > compatible with a Partition that doesn't extend
> > MutableBTreePartitionConfiguration, but that didn't seem to help
> > anything. I'm somewhat confused, my class should look identical to
> > MutableBTreePartitionConfiguration other than it doesn't extend
> > BTreePartitionConfiguration, it directly extends
> PartitionConfiguration.
> > There isn't anything in the code currently that expects a
> > PartitionConfiguration to have BTreePartitionConfiguration in its
> > inheritance tree is there?
> >
> > Perhaps another piece of useful information. The error that I am
> getting
> > is the same stack trace that I get if I set "optimizerEnabled" to
> false
> > within the default server.xml for example.com. I currently have no
> idea
> > whether those two are actually related, or if I just happened across
> > some bizarre coincidence, but since I found it I thought I'd include
> > that information.
> >
> > If this triggers any additional questions, please ask, I'll be happy
> > provide anything I can.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dan

PartitionConfiguration