directory-users mailing list archives

From "Barber, Dan \(Contractor\)" <Dan.Bar...@Polycom.com>
Subject Trying to create a new partition configuration class
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:02:15 GMT
This is the initial part of my effort to extend ApacheDS to use a
different partition. I'm trying to essentially replicate existing
ApacheDS classes but as my own classes. Once I've got the service
starting using all my own classes then I can begin to modify them for my
purposes.

First, I just made my own version of MutableBTreePartitionConfiguration,
changing only the package and class names. Included a jar file with that
new class in apache's lib directory, modified server.xml to now create
the example.com partition using my new partition configuration class,
everything worked perfectly.

Next step, I don't think we want a BTree-based implementation, so I
tried to extend directly from PartitionConfiguration. In that class I
attempted to pretty much duplicate the functionality in both
MutableBTreeConfiguration and BTreePartitionConfiguration. I can't seem
to get this to work.

Here's what I'm getting in apacheds's rolling log:

[13:53:30] ERROR [org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper] - Failed on
org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(InstallationLayout, String[])

org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorException:
Failed to initialize interceptor chain. [Root exception is
java.lang.NullPointerException]

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.init(Inter
ceptorChain.java:257)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(Defa
ultDirectoryService.java:1006)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(Default
DirectoryService.java:254)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.jndi.AbstractContextFactory.getInitialC
ontext(AbstractContextFactory.java:123)

            at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown
Source)

            at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown
Source)

            at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)

            at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)

            at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.<init>(Unknown
Source)

            at org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(Service.java:96)

            at
org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper.callInit(Bootstrapper.java:151)

            at
org.apache.directory.daemon.ProcrunBootstrapper.prunsrvStart(ProcrunBoot
strapper.java:65)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.ExpressionEnumerat
or.enumConj(ExpressionEnumerator.java:250)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.ExpressionEnumerat
or.enumerate(ExpressionEnumerator.java:140)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.DefaultSearchEngin
e.search(DefaultSearchEngine.java:135)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.BTreePartition.sea
rch(BTreePartition.java:431)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.search(
DefaultPartitionNexus.java:922)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.GroupCache.initialize(GroupCache.
java:146)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.GroupCache.<init>(GroupCache.java
:117)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.AuthorizationService.init(Authori
zationService.java:200)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register0(
InterceptorChain.java:419)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register(I
nterceptorChain.java:378)

            at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.init(Inter
ceptorChain.java:243)

            ... 11 more

I've also attached the server.xml and java code for my new class. Any
ideas what is going on?

Thanks,

Dan