directory-users mailing list archives

From "Barber, Dan \(Contractor\)" <Dan.Bar...@Polycom.com>
Subject Question on extending the ApacheDS backend
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:22:18 GMT
All,

I've been poking around getting a feel for what might be involved with
extending the backend to support a different database. I have been asked
a question by another member of the team. Given that the server.xml file
references the various partitions as beans, is it intended that the
ApacheDS backend be extendable without actual source code modification
to ApacheDS itself? In other words, could I implement subclasses of
Partition, Partition Configuration, and whatever else might be needed,
roll them into my own jar and reference them in server.xml?

Thanks,

Dan