directory-users mailing list archives

From "Barber, Dan \(Contractor\)" <Dan.Bar...@Polycom.com>
Subject RE: FW: Alternate back-ends
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 19:45:44 GMT
Emmanuel,

I finally got the build working. I can confirm that ApacheDS does not currently build with
Java 1.6. I ended up cleaning up everything again, uninstalling all Javas, and starting over
from the beginning. With 1.5 ApacheDS source built just fine. Did the same thing with 1.6
and it didn't build.

Ok, so I've got the source building. Now, what can you point me to for figuring out how to
support a different database backend?

Thanks!

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lecharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 9:15 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: Alternate back-ends

Oh, sorry, I thoght I had answered yesturday, but as I upgraded thnderird in
the meantime, I think it has been lost somwhere on the internet ...

So basically, I guess you have tried with a previous version of ADS, and you
have some old jars somwhere in your maven reposiory.

What I suggest is that you remove completely your ~/.m2/repository (rm -rf
~/.m2/repository) and do a mvn clean install. It will take longer, but will
be safe. (of course, if you want to keep your repository because you are
using it for another project, just rename it).

If it does not work, try with Java 1.5.

Thanks !

--
Regards,