directory-users mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Directory Studio stand-alone plugin x86_64 build
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:20:59 GMT
On 6/21/07, Mateusz Kijowski <mateusz.kijowski@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list,

Hi Mateusz,

I am not sure if it's the right place to ask this, but here it goes. Is
> there
> any particular reason why I can't install the Apache Directory Studio
> stand-alone plug-ins on x86_64 eclipse through Help->Software Updates? The
> error message I get is something in the lines of "architecture mismatch".
> The
> odd thing is that when I manualy copy the plugins to my working eclipse
> install they work just fine.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I'll fill a Jira for this issue.

Are there really any architecture dependant files in the plugins? If so, is
> it
> possible to have a x86_64 version built as well? If not, why can't I
> install
> it?

As we had a problem with the x86_64 version of the LDAP Studio RCP
Application (version 0.8.0), which was running on AMD64, we tagged all the
plugins as compatible for ppc and x86 only.

That was a mistake since, as you said, the standalone plugins works great on
x86_64 too.

Thanks to Andreas Roth, one of our users on AMD64, we managed to fix the
problem on that platform, and we have to release LDAP Studio 0.8.0 for
AMD64.

Since we need to update the downloads section to add this new version of the
RCP application, we'll also change the features properties to add the x86_64
architecture as well and update the updatesite.

I'll tell you when the updatesite will be uptodate, so you can test it and
give us feedback.

Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot