directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] appropriate for enterprise application with self registration
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:31:25 GMT
Greg Parker a écrit :

> I have been investigating ApacheDS for use with an enterprise
> application that I am developing.  A directory would seem to suit my
> data model perfectly.  However, one requirement is that I need to
> support self-registration.  Most of the use cases I have seen involve
> back-end administration of users, groups, et cetera.  Unfortunately, I
> won't know who my users are until they sign up.  Is there a reason I
> am not seeing more projects that use ApacheDS/LDAP in this way, or am
> I just looking in the wrong places?

Hi Greg,

there is absolutly nothing that forbid you to use a Ldap server to
register users on the fly. The only thing you will have to do is to
delegate the creation of this user to and admin account.

Now, I'm not sure that it fits with what you call 'self-registration'.
Can you elaborate a little bit more about it ?

Thanks !

Emmanuel