directory-users mailing list archives

From Greg Parker <greg.par...@brovada.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] appropriate for enterprise application with self registration
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 20:26:46 GMT
I have been investigating ApacheDS for use with an enterprise
application that I am developing.  A directory would seem to suit my
data model perfectly.  However, one requirement is that I need to
support self-registration.  Most of the use cases I have seen involve
back-end administration of users, groups, et cetera.  Unfortunately, I
won't know who my users are until they sign up.  Is there a reason I am
not seeing more projects that use ApacheDS/LDAP in this way, or am I
just looking in the wrong places?