directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Alternate back-ends
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 21:54:25 GMT
Barber, Dan (Contractor) a écrit :

>I have an answer for the first question now. We will be connecting to MS Sql 2005 using
JDBC with hopes of communicating to any SQL DB using JDBC. If you have any further questions,
please ask, I know your ability to help will directly depends on how much good information
we can give you.

>Sincerely,
>
>Dan Barber

Are you ready for a loooooonnnng travel ? ;)

Using a RDBMS as a backend is certainly not an easy task, regarding the
data structure. Howeve, it can be done, as IBM backs IDS with DB2.

Doing so with ADS will certainly take more than one month...

Hopefully, people like you may help :)

Emmanuel