directory-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Alderson" <Martin.Alder...@salfordsoftware.co.uk>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 1.5 working replication configuration needed
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 14:38:45 GMT
Hi Markus,

The warning messages are just to tell you that the current server is sending any replication
logs to the specified server to bring it up to date.  This will happen every replicationInterval
seconds, where replicationInterval defaults to 5 seconds.  It should probably just be a INFO
level message.  You can change the replicationInterval with:

    <bean class="org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.ReplicationService">
      <property name="configuration">
        <bean class="org.apache.directory.mitosis.configuration.ReplicationConfiguration">
          <property name="replicationInterval" value="60" />

It looks like you are using port 389 as the replication port.  The replication port needs
to be different to your normal LDAP server port.  I'm a bit surprised that it lets you do
this - it's either doing some magic to share the port with the LDAP service or the replication
service has closed the LDAP service port.

Martin

>>> Markus Pohle <markus.pohle@webunity.de> 04/06/2007 12:42 >>>

Hi All,
hi Martin.

Thanks for the tip. Tried that sample configuration within the
server.xml file. Only edited servername/ip and port for the two
instances. But this, configured right in my opinion, always throw an
error on starting apacheds and apacheds server terminated and will not
run!

Then, Martin, I used your sample configuration. Now I was able to
start both ApacheDS Servers. But, I do get warnings and error messages.

The warnings I do get within apacheds-rolling.log on server1 is:
[13:20:28] WARN
[org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.protocol.handler.ReplicationClientProtocolHandler] -
[apacheds4.douglas-informatik.de/172.28.192.12:389] Starting a partial replication log
transfer.

The warning is the same in apacheds-rolling.log on server2:
[13:34:37] WARN
[org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.protocol.handler.ReplicationClientProtocolHandler] -
[apacheds3.douglas-informatik.de/172.28.192.11:389] Starting a partial replication log
transfer.

The error message I do get is the following and occurs when I try to
connect thru LDAP Studio (or any other ldap client) to either the one
or the other of the replicant ldap servers:

[13:39:35] WARN
[org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.protocol.handler.ReplicationServerProtocolHandler] -
[/172.16.160.63:3726] Unexpected
exception.
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolDecoderException: No appropriate
message decoder: 30 25 02 01 01 60 20 02 01 03 04 13 75 69 64 3D 61 64
6D 69 6E 2C 6F 75 3D 73 79 73 74 65 6D 80 06 73 65 63 72 65 74
(Hexdump: empty)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.demux.DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory$ProtocolDecoderImpl.doDecode(DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory.java:314)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.CumulativeProtocolDecoder.decode(CumulativeProtocolDecoder.java:137)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecFilter.java:163)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1200(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:54)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java:243)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(ExecutorFilter.java:305)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[13:39:35] WARN
[org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.protocol.handler.ReplicationServerProtocolHandler] -
[/172.16.160.63:3726] Unexpected
exception.
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.protocol.handler.ReplicationServerContextHandler.contextEnd(ReplicationServerContextHandler.java:72)
	at
org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.protocol.handler.ReplicationProtocolHandler.sessionClosed(ReplicationProtocolHandler.java:98)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.sessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:677)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:321)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$900(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:54)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:781)
	at org.apache.mina.filter.LoggingFilter.sessionClosed(LoggingFilter.java:70)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:321)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$900(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:54)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:781)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.sessionClosed(ProtocolCodecFilter.java:286)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:321)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$900(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:54)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:781)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java:265)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(ExecutorFilter.java:305)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

So, why I am no longer able to bind to ldap server when replication is
configured? Can anybody help me with that? Help is really appreciated.

TIA,
Markus Pohle