directory-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Alderson" <Martin.Alder...@salfordsoftware.co.uk>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 1.5 working replication configuration needed
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:04:26 GMT
Hi Markus,

You should have a commented out configuration block for the replication module in your default
server.xml.  If you can't find it have a look at http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/releases/1.5.0/server-main/server.xml?view=markup
and search for "replication".  Just uncomment that block and change the port numbers / addresses
as appropriate.

As an example, for server 1 (running on 10.0.0.1) use:

        <bean class="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.MutableInterceptorConfiguration">
          <property name="name" value="replicationService" />
          <property name="interceptor">
            <bean class="org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.ReplicationService">
              <property name="configuration">
                <bean class="org.apache.directory.mitosis.configuration.ReplicationConfiguration">
                  <property name="replicaId">
                    <bean class="org.apache.directory.mitosis.common.ReplicaId">
                      <constructor-arg>
                        <value>instance_a</value>
                      </constructor-arg>
                    </bean>
                  </property>
                  <property name="serverPort" value="10390" />
                  <property name="peerReplicas">
                    <set>
                      <value>instance_b@10.0.0.2:10390</value>
                    </set>
                  </property>
                </bean>
              </property>
            </bean>
          </property>
        </bean>

and for server 2 (running on 10.0.0.2) use:

        <bean class="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.MutableInterceptorConfiguration">
          <property name="name" value="replicationService" />
          <property name="interceptor">
            <bean class="org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.ReplicationService">
              <property name="configuration">
                <bean class="org.apache.directory.mitosis.configuration.ReplicationConfiguration">
                  <property name="replicaId">
                    <bean class="org.apache.directory.mitosis.common.ReplicaId">
                      <constructor-arg>
                        <value>instance_b</value>
                      </constructor-arg>
                    </bean>
                  </property>
                  <property name="serverPort" value="10390" />
                  <property name="peerReplicas">
                    <set>
                      <value>instance_a@10.0.0.1:10390</value>
                    </set>
                  </property>
                </bean>
              </property>
            </bean>
          </property>
        </bean>

I personally wouldn't recommend using this feature for production servers though as it has
a few problems.  Check out the bugs on JIRA and test it thoroughly for your use cases.  I
ended up making my own copy of the mitosis source and hacking it around a bit to get it performing
the way I needed it.

Hope this helps,

Martin

>>> Markus Pohle <apache.ds@webunity.de> 01/06/2007 21:00 >>>

Hi Alex,

thats correct... build-in replication support thru mitosis is in
apacheds version 1.5 only.

but still have the problem that I do not understand how to configure
the replication with two master ldap servers as described in my first
email.

did anybody from the core team configure the replication and tested
it? maybe someone can send me sample configuration file that I can use?

any help is really appreciated!!

TIA,
Markus Pohle