directory-users mailing list archives

From <berg...@uncle.se>
Subject Running ApacheDS on Microsoft Vista.
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:02:26 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to this mailing list and greats all of you by sharing my problem with a solution.

I had some problems getting ApacheDS to run under Microsoft Vista due to some compatibility
problems and that the server needs administrator privileges.

This is my solution:

1. Right click in the ApacheDS shortcut and go to properties
2. Select the Compatibility tab
3. Under "Compatibility mode" check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose
"Windows XP (Service Pack 2)"
4. Under "Privilege Level" check the "Run this program as an administrator"

After this you can run ApacheDS on by clicking the shortcut.

Hope this helps others as well.

/Per-Erik Bergman