directory-users mailing list archives

From Markus Pohle <apache...@webunity.de>
Subject Re: issues with adding my own partition resp. suffix in conf/server.xml
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:47:30 GMT

Hi Emmanuel,

of course you are right! :-) Robin, use apache directory studio, give
it a try. I use it myself and it is really good. By the way, when
using apache directory studio, you have >>three<< more things you can
test according to your own partition:

7th: after downloading and installing directory studio create a new
connection and within this connection assistent on the first page
click on the "check network parameter" button and see if it says that
the connection was established successfully.

8th: on the second page of assistent enter bind dn or user and
password (something like uid=admin,ou=system / secret ) and click on
"check authentication" and see if it says that authentication was
successfull.

9th: on the last page click on "fetch base dns" and you should see all
base dns including your own partition.

if not, check my first email :-)

don't forget: do not panic :-) we are here and we will help you - for sure!

Greetings
Markus