directory-users mailing list archives

From Markus Pohle <markus.po...@webunity.de>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 1.5 working replication configuration needed
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 11:42:41 GMT

Hi All,
hi Martin.

Thanks for the tip. Tried that sample configuration within the
server.xml file. Only edited servername/ip and port for the two
instances. But this, configured right in my opinion, always throw an
error on starting apacheds and apacheds server terminated and will not
run!

Then, Martin, I used your sample configuration. Now I was able to
start both ApacheDS Servers. But, I do get warnings and error messages.

The warnings I do get within apacheds-rolling.log on server1 is:
[13:20:28] WARN
[org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.protocol.handler.ReplicationClientProtocolHandler] -
[apacheds4.douglas-informatik.de/172.28.192.12:389] Starting a partial replication log
transfer.

The warning is the same in apacheds-rolling.log on server2:
[13:34:37] WARN
[org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.protocol.handler.ReplicationClientProtocolHandler] -
[apacheds3.douglas-informatik.de/172.28.192.11:389] Starting a partial replication log
transfer.

The error message I do get is the following and occurs when I try to
connect thru LDAP Studio (or any other ldap client) to either the one
or the other of the replicant ldap servers:

[13:39:35] WARN
[org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.protocol.handler.ReplicationServerProtocolHandler] -
[/172.16.160.63:3726] Unexpected
exception.
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolDecoderException: No appropriate
message decoder: 30 25 02 01 01 60 20 02 01 03 04 13 75 69 64 3D 61 64
6D 69 6E 2C 6F 75 3D 73 79 73 74 65 6D 80 06 73 65 63 72 65 74
(Hexdump: empty)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.demux.DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory$ProtocolDecoderImpl.doDecode(DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory.java:314)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.CumulativeProtocolDecoder.decode(CumulativeProtocolDecoder.java:137)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecFilter.java:163)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1200(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:54)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java:243)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(ExecutorFilter.java:305)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[13:39:35] WARN
[org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.protocol.handler.ReplicationServerProtocolHandler] -
[/172.16.160.63:3726] Unexpected
exception.
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.protocol.handler.ReplicationServerContextHandler.contextEnd(ReplicationServerContextHandler.java:72)
	at
org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.protocol.handler.ReplicationProtocolHandler.sessionClosed(ReplicationProtocolHandler.java:98)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.sessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:677)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:321)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$900(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:54)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:781)
	at org.apache.mina.filter.LoggingFilter.sessionClosed(LoggingFilter.java:70)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:321)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$900(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:54)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:781)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.sessionClosed(ProtocolCodecFilter.java:286)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:321)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$900(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:54)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sessionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:781)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java:265)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(ExecutorFilter.java:305)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

So, why I am no longer able to bind to ldap server when replication is
configured? Can anybody help me with that? Help is really appreciated.

TIA,
Markus Pohle

Zitat von Martin Alderson <Martin.Alderson@salfordsoftware.co.uk>:

> Hi Markus,
>
> You should have a commented out configuration block for the
> replication module in your default server.xml.  If you can't find it
>  have a look at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/releases/1.5.0/server-main/server.xml?view=markup
and search for "replication".  Just uncomment that block and change the port numbers / addresses
as

--
WEBUNITY - Internet, Consulting, Neue Medien
Markus Pohle (SCJP)

GPG Public Key Block available at:
http://www.webunity.de/markus.pohle@webunity.de.txt