directory-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] How to register attribute types and values?
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 22:09:02 GMT
Hi,

I just wonder if you are working with Shane bailey... You seems to have the
very same problem

On 5/9/07, Jo Jeeka <jojeeka@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have two errors I need to get around when trying to
> use ApacheDS for Junit testing (no GUI).
>
> First error...
> 2007-05-09 16:31:40,763 WARN
> org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.OidRegistryMonitorAdapter
> - Failed to resolve OID: groupofurls
>
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapInvalidAttributeIdentifierException
> :
> OID for name 'groupofurls' was not found within the
> OID registry
>
> is caused by reading in an LDIF with:
>
> dn: cn=OW_gp, ou=Groups, dc=source,dc=com
> displayName: User - OW
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: fGroup
> objectClass: groupofurls
> objectClass: groupofuniquenames
> cn: OW_gp

- groupOfUrls must have been declared into the schema
- fGroup must have been declared into the schema
Unless you fix those two points, I think you will get the thrown
expection.

I don't know which version of ADS you are using, but anyway :
- for 1.0.1, to add an ObjectClass just follow the instructions given in
this page :
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/custom-schema.html
- for 1.5.0, their is another page, as the schema is now stored into ADS
itself  :
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html

Hope it helps !

Second error...
> Caused by:
>
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapInvalidAttributeIdentifierException
> :
> type not found in attribute registry!
>
> caused by reading in an LDIF with:
>
> dn: cn=OW_gp, ou=Groups, dc=source,dc=com
> displayName: User - OW
> type: 0
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: groupofuniquenames
> cn: OW_gp

The 'type' attribute does not exist in the schema. You must declare it
before using it (I strongly engage you *not* to use such an attribute, but
something like '<yourcompany>-type' so that there is no possible duplication
for this attribute in the future)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,