directory-users mailing list archives

From "Justen Stepka" <jste...@jstepka.name>
Subject adding a group without members on create
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 02:44:07 GMT
The addGroup functionality in Crowd does not currently correctly
implement an approach to add a user to ApacheDS. The issue here is
that according the RFC-2256 the groupOfUniqueNames Object Class
requires that the uniquemember field cannot be left blank (ie it is a
required field).

Currently our code is trying to get around this by adding a blank
string into this field, but ApacheDS even with this approach does not
allow this.

Currently I do not have a solution beyond providing some kind of user
picker on the add group page, so a person can choose a member to add
to this group. However, we still need to take into account adding
groups via our SOAP interface and also via the importers.

http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-318

I am wondering if there is a way that we can create a group with
Apache DS and not have to provide any initial members so the group? If
I put in an empty string I then need to know to ignore the empty
uniquemember when processing the attributes on a search.

Cheers,

Justen

--
Justen Stepka