directory-users mailing list archives

From jasche <Juergen.Aschenbren...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: migratiting to ApacheDS
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 13:09:35 GMT
Hi Stefan and Emmanuel,

thanks a lot for Your quick response. Ok I will try my luck with the
1.5 release.

The actual schema definition I am missing is:

objectclass ( 1.3.18.0.2.6.28
NAME 'container'
DESC 'An object that can contain other objects.'
SUP top
STRUCTURAL
MUST cn )

or similar. Browsing through the archive I have seen that someone had
the same problem a month ago but with no solution presented at least I
could understand.

The network directory server is tivoli (I guess)

With the best wishes from the alps

J├╝rgen

Sent to you by jasche via Google Reader: Re: migratiting to ApacheDS
via users@directory.apache.org Archives by Stefan Zoerner
<stefan@labeo.de> on May 23, 2007 Hi J rgen! Juergen Aschenbrenner
wrote: > In order to develop and test components offline I am currently
trying to > migrate a directory from the network to my local machine
using ApacheDS > 1.0. I would recommend to use ApacheDS 1.5, although
it is not a stable release yet. But the schema subsystem is much more
powerful, and extending or changing the schema is much easier with it.
> Though it seems that ApacheDS does not fully understand the schema
used by > the network directory. Relatively new to the concept of
modelling a > directory I learned that it should it be possible to
customize or extend a > schema in order to migrate or replicate
schemas. > > Could someone here in this mailing list give me a hint how
to do this. A possible starting point on how to learn to add new schema
elements to the ApacheDS 1.5 server is here:
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html
Do you have more information about the missing schema elements? What
type of network directory do you use (ApacheDS is a network server as
well, btw.)? Perhaps, one of us can support you with your task. I hope
this helps, Greetings from Hamburg, Stefan
Things you can do from here:
- Visit the original item on users@directory.apache.org Archives
- Subscribe to users@directory.apache.org Archives using Google Reader
- Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all all your
favorite sites