directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Proxied Authz control (RFC 4370)
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 18:34:01 GMT
Hi Francois,

On 5/24/07, Francois Armand <farmand@linagora.com> wrote:

> Hello ApacheDS ml,

SNIP

So, my problem : in my application, I need to use the "proxied auth"
> extended control describe in RFC 4370 (oid: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.18).
> But it seems that it isn't supported by apacheDS, my directory respond :
> "Operation failed; nested exception is
> javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException: [LDAP: error code 12 -
> Unsupport critical control: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.18]; remaining name
> 'ou=foo, dc=bar, dc=org' ..."

So, is this control supported by ApacheDS ?

Yes this critical control is not supported as Emmanuel stated in his
response.
What I was wondering is why you need this control and see if some work
around
does not exist that you can use for now?

SNIP

> Another thing, I didn't find the javadoc for the project... Is it
> somewhere ? Final request : are the maven src package some where ? If
> not, is it envisaged for next release ?

Yes the next couple releases should have this.  I am actually working on
making
our release process deploy javadoc and source artifacts to the maven
repository.
I started just last night on this so others might not be aware of these
recent commits.

BTW which ApacheDS version or branch are you working with: 1.0.x or 1.5.x?

Alex