directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <>
Subject Re: sudo-ldap schema
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 13:12:41 GMT
Oh cool I did not know you could store sudo information in LDAP at all.
This is pretty cool.
I guess it probably sits on top of the NIS schema?  BTW we don't have a
schema for sudo
but it can't be too hard to implement I think.

Cool this document provides the schema.  Yeah I think this would be
incredibly easy to
use.  We can add this schema using LDAP studio pretty easily since it's
schema plugin
will soon have the ability add a schema file with OpenLDAP syntax to the
DIT.  While
waiting for that we can easily add this schema to the set of schemas
packaged into
ApacheDS (turned off by default of course).

BTW you could easily do this by adding the schema file for it here:

Then modifying the pom.xml in the project here:

This way ApacheDS will come with the sudo schema out of the box and all that
one needs to do is toggle the schema to be enabled by deleting the
attribute in the cn=sudo,ou=schema entry.  And that's it.

If you like you can provide a patch for this.  If you have issues I can help
out and
make sure it all works.