directory-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Alias Problem "failed on search operation: attributeType w/ OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.12 not registered!"
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 23:16:40 GMT
Hi,

On 5/8/07, Martin Marcher <martin.marcher@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> freshly installed apacheds 1.5, I started the server with
> ./bin/server.init debug and the output stays empty upon searching with
> the line below so i can't really provide more info - better don't know
> how to provide more info. Using debian stable:


Hmmm does the output say that logging is not enabled?

I tried that search with the indexes from the
> examplePartitionConfiguration and without them (first not having
> indexes then adding them to the server.xml and restarting apacheds,
> still no go). Now am I missing something big here or why is this
> search not working?


Note that an index will need to be rebuilt if you added the index after
adding entries
to the server.  Basically the reason for this is that index entries are
added during add
operations. If the index is not present while adding entries then added then
these
entries will not have index entries for the values that are indexed and
search results
will fail since the server relies on the index which is empty and does not
hit the master
table.

You really need to make sure you add all the entries after creating the
index or use the
index building tool that comes with apacheds tools to populate a new index.

snip ...


> $ ldapsearch -h localhost -p 10389 -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -w secret
> -b "ou=system" -s one -x "(uid=admin)" dn
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <ou=system> with scope oneLevel
> # filter: (uid=admin)
> # requesting: dn
> #
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 33 Alias problem
> text: failed on search operation: attributeType w/ OID
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.1
> 21.1.12 not registered!
>
> # numResponses: 1


snip ...

Hmmm this is odd because this OID corresponds to a syntax for the
distinguished name syntax and
not to an attributeType.  I guess I need to reproduce your situation and see
if I can hunt this down.

Alex

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message