directory-users mailing list archives

From "Amit Vijayant" <>
Subject Cannot update password as well as attributes in embedded ApacheDS
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 19:39:42 GMT

Am using ApacheDS by embedding the same in my webapp. Naturally want to
update the password from default 'secret'. Am also making use of
LdapTemplate ( to communicate with

The piece of code updating any attribute (as well as password) looks

    public void update(User p) throws Exception {

        Name dn = buildUserDn(p);

        DirContextAdapter context =

        mapToContext(p, context);

This works without any errors and on connecting to ApacheDS via say
JXplorer shows me the updates. However as soon as I bring ApacheDS down
(and restart) , the changes are lost :-(

Why is ApacheDS not persisting the updates??? What am I missing here?

P.S. I also upgraded to latest ApacheDS 1.5 still no luck