directory-users mailing list archives

From "Barber, Dan \(Contractor\)" <>
Subject No length attribute for
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 18:31:19 GMT

I'm a brand new user of Apache Directory and am trying to add support
for H.350. I've been able to convert several ldif files for the various
pieces of H.350 I want to include into schema files appropriate for LDAP
Studio. That all went perfectly. I exported them all as Apache Directory
ldif files, again without a hitch. However, when I try to import one of
those ldif files, for H.320 Identity, I get an error. I'm using LDAP
Studio to do the import.

The problem appears to be here:

attributetype (

     NAME 'h320IdentityExtension'

     DESC 'Extension of terminal required to dial after initial PTSN
address is connected.'

     EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch

     SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch

     SYNTAX{120} )

which when exported to an Apache Directory LDIF file becomes

dn: m-oid=, ou=attributeTypes, cn=h320Identity,

objectclass: metaAttributeType

objectclass: metaTop

objectclass: top

m-name: h320IdentityExtension

m-description: Extension of terminal required to dial after initial PTSN

  is connected.

m-equality: caseIgnoreMatch

m-substr: caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch

m-length: 120

The error that I get is on m-length. It appears that isn't supporting a length attribute.
Checking all over on the web I find several examples of a length
attribute being used with

Is there something that I'm missing? Is this a current shortcoming with
Apache DS 1.5?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dan Barber