directory-users mailing list archives

From Jo Jeeka <joje...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] How to register attribute types and values?
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 22:32:50 GMT

BTW, thanks for the link.

And we are using 1.0.1

Here is where the confusion started about the mailing
list:
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/using-apacheds-for-unit-tests.html
 in the Conclusion section he didn't take the word
"post" literally and so didn't realize it was a
mailing list.

--- Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wonder if you are working with Shane
> bailey... You seems to have the
> very same problem
>
> On 5/9/07, Jo Jeeka <jojeeka@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> > I have two errors I need to get around when trying
> > use ApacheDS for Junit testing (no GUI).
> >
> > First error...
> > 2007-05-09 16:31:40,763 WARN

org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.OidRegistryMonitorAdapter
> > - Failed to resolve OID: groupofurls

org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapInvalidAttributeIdentifierException

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/custom-schema.html

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html

> Hope it helps !
>
> Second error...
> > Caused by:

org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapInvalidAttributeIdentifierException
> > :
> > type not found in attribute registry!
> >
> > caused by reading in an LDIF with:
> >
> > dn: cn=OW_gp, ou=Groups, dc=source,dc=com
> > displayName: User - OW
> > type: 0
> > objectClass: top
> > objectClass: groupofuniquenames
> > cn: OW_gp
>

> The 'type' attribute does not exist in the schema.
> You must declare it
> before using it (I strongly engage you *not* to use
> such an attribute, but
> something like '<yourcompany>-type' so that there is
> no possible duplication
> for this attribute in the future)
>

> --
> Regards,