directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: what is wrong with this link
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 06:50:35 GMT
Austin Taylor wrote:
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/14-basic-configuration-tasks.html
>   I click it, I can see that there is text there, but I can't see it after the page loads
>   is there a downloadable version of this guide? I would rather not wait too long to
use this software

Hi Austin!

The problems is caused by long lines in listings and it seems that it
appears in IE only.

I have added some line breaks in very long listing lines, e.g.

<bean id="examplePartitionConfiguration"
       class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.
                          impl.btree.MutableBTreePartitionConfiguration">

although problematic (break is not allowed in the string, for instance).
  But the problem vanished at least in my IE (which I normally do not use).

Thanks for your message, I hope this helps,
     Stefan

P.S: General documentation hint for all those who write guides: Please
check new pages with IE (if your OS allows you to do so), to get rid of
this problem before users tell us.