directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Proxied Authz control (RFC 4370)
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 07:42:35 GMT
Francois Armand a écrit :

>>We don't generate the javadoc, because we are lazzy,
>>

>Oh yes, I'm absolutely sure of that ;)

Well, it seems that we have people in the team (Alex) who are not that
lazzy :). He added some magic into Maven files so that we will now
generate both soucres and javadoc in the next releases. I have
experimented it with the new 1.0.2 which will be issued today... Thanks
Alex !

>>and also because this is not a library, but a server.
>>

>Good point. But it's so attractive to use it for unit tests and
>"just get the package and everything run" java LDAP applications :)

Ok, I tried to leverage "It's a server, not a lib" to avoid doing what
Alex did ;)

>>However, generating it should be
>>easy, but we don't have time to dip our fingers into maven to do it.
>>Feel free to help us by adding the missing pieces ;) The very same for
>>the SRC package.
>>

>Well... I'm not sure I'm the kind of wizard able to understand the
>magic of Maven :) But in a near future, I may be driven to learn its
>arcane, and if I succeed in doing something about it, I will be really
>happy to try to help you.

Ahhh. Maven magic is black magic sometime. You need to have some living
chicken beside you to be able to kill them and drink their blood to make
maven happy from time to time. I don't have chicken in Paris...

However, Maven is getting better and better, so go for it.

You can help in many different direction : better maven support, doco,
JIRAs, even code ! It's OSS :)

Thanks !