directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Proxied Authz control (RFC 4370)
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 17:34:47 GMT
Francois Armand a écrit :

>Hello ApacheDS ml,

Hi François,

>I'm using Apache DS as an LDAP server for Unit testing an application,
>and thanks to
>http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/using-apacheds-for-unit-tests.html , I got my
tests working in just minutes (well... almost :).
>Many thanks to the redactor of this tutorial (Emmanuel Lecharny ?), it's
>very good.

thanks :)

>So, my problem : in my application, I need to use the "proxied auth"
>extended control describe in RFC 4370 (oid: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.18).
>But it seems that it isn't supported by apacheDS, my directory respond :
>"Operation failed; nested exception is
>javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException: [LDAP: error code 12 -
>Unsupport critical control: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.18]; remaining name
>'ou=foo, dc=bar, dc=org' ..."
>
>So, is this control supported by ApacheDS ?

Well, the message is pretty clear :

Unsupport critical control: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.18

>If so, obviously I'm doing something wrong... Perhaps the server need
>some more configuration compared to what is done the tuto ?
>If not, it would be great to put in your site what control are supported
>(or perhaps they already are over there and I miss them ?).

You are not doing someting wrong. If you request ADS rootDSE for the
operational attribute supportedControl, you will get the list of
currently supported ones. Proxed Auth is not in this list right now.

>Another thing, I didn't find the javadoc for the project... Is it
>somewhere ? Final request : are the maven src package some where ? If
>not, is it envisaged for next release ?

We don't generate the javadoc, because we are lazzy, and also because
this is not a library, but a server. However, generating it should be
easy, but we don't have time to dip our fingers into maven to do it.
Feel free to help us by adding the missing pieces ;) The very same for
the SRC package.

>Thanks for you help and the great job you are doing!

Thank you for using ADS !

Emmanuel