directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: migratiting to ApacheDS
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 20:59:33 GMT
jasche wrote:

> The actual schema definition I am missing is:
>
> objectclass ( 1.3.18.0.2.6.28
> NAME 'container'
> DESC 'An object that can contain other objects.'
> SUP top
> STRUCTURAL
> MUST cn )

This is an IBM specific objectClass used in TivoliDS/SecureWayDS to
structure the directory entries. In other directories it is quite common
to use organizationalUnit (ou=...). 1.3.18 stands for IBM.

> or similar. Browsing through the archive I have seen that someone had
> the same problem a month ago but with no solution presented at least I
> could understand.

I think we recommended him to use organizationalUnit instead of
container. He was able to change his data.

But with the new schema subsystem of ApacheDS 1.5, adding this object
class to the server is an easy task. Just follow the instructions in the
page I have already provided to you. You do not have to define a new
attribute type. Use class "container" with your definition instead of
class "ship.

> The network directory server is tivoli (I guess)

You are probably right.

Greetings from Lake Constance,
     Stefan