directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: adding a group without members on create
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 20:16:34 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Although reported as a ApacheDS specific issue this may just be due to
> lack of information about the behavior of other LDAP servers.  I'm sure
> other LDAP servers behave in the same manner when schema checking
> is enabled.  Hence I think it is incorrect to presume this is ADS specific.
>
> Alex

You are totally right Alex.

Two examples:
IBM Tivoli Directory Server behaves like ApacheDS (uniqueMember is a
MUST attribute in groupOfUniqueNames, as stated in the RFC), Sun Java
System Directory Server does not (uniqueMember is a MAY).

I therefore assume that Atlassian has simply not tested Crowd with all
relevant servers. Nice to see that ApacheDS is part of their integration
tests.

Greetings from Bremen,
     Stefan